Code of Ethics
- I will acquaint myself with the Federation Cynoligique Internationale (FCI) approved Breed Standard for the Danish/Swedish Farmdog (DSF).
- In compliance with the DSFCA and ASPCA (American Society
of the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals), I will ensure humane
treatment, including proper feeding, maintenance, health care
and training, for all my animals and will encourage others
to do the same.
- I will record any natural Bob-tails as part of their Pedigree. Out
of respect to the Countries of Origin, I will refrain from
docking tails, cropping ears, removing dew claws, or surgically
enhancing any part of my dog, unless neccesary due to injury
or deformity. Any such action shall be noted on Pedigree.
- I will exhibit sportsman like conduct at all events and competitions
that will reflect on me and the breed, and will encourage others
to do so. I will refrain from public criticism and malicious
degrading of others and their dogs.
- I will commit myself to continuing education in matters pertaining
to the health, care and training of the Danish/Swedish Farmdog.
- If I breed, I will strive to improve the DSF breed according
to the FCI Breed Standard. I will conscientiously plan
each breeding using only healthy parents of appropriate temperament,
appearance and other desirable qualities. I will comply with
all breeding guidelines set forth by DSFCA.
- I will be open with all persons interested in the welfare
of the DSF and will discuss possible physical or temperament
defects in my own stock.
- I will act responsibly in regards to all puppies produced
by my breeding for the lifetime of the puppies. I will
never knowingly sell to, or place a DSF with unethical persons
or those who would not provide proper and humane care to the
dog. I will refuse to sell or place any DSF with any
pet shop or to any wholesale dealer in dogs, or to persons
known to operate puppy mills.
- Should I become aware of the mistreatment, abuse or need
for relocation of any DSF, I will make every effort to be of
assistance by notifying the breeder of the dog and the appropriate
local authorities. I will assist in any other manner
in which I am able.
- I agree to abide Constitution, Bylaws and Code of Ethics
of the DSFCA, American Rare Breed Association and American Kennel