AKC-FSS Application Information
The Danish/Swedish Farmdog Club of America, Inc. is in the process of grouping FSS Registration applications for a group discounted price. You do not have to be a member of DSFCA to use this form.
Information you will need to fill out the application
The items listed below must be submitted for the AKC to consider registration
- The properly completed application, signed in ink.
- The registration fee.
- A clear and legible photocopy of the original Certificate of Registration indicating the dog's registry and owner of record - do not send the original certificate.
- A clear and legible photocopy of the three-generation Certified Pedigree (or Export Pedigree, where applicable). If both the sire and dam of the dog identified on the application are AKC-FSS registered, print the AKC-FSS registration number of the sire and dam in the appropriate spaces on the front of the application. In this case, you may omit the copy of the Certified Pedigree. Do not send the original pedigree.
- All foreign dogs being registered with the AKC-FSS are required to have positive identification. This section of the application must be completed to show:
- The type of identification (tattoo, microchip, DNA profile),
- The identifying information and its location on the dog
- The registry recording the identifying information. The identification may be done after the dog is in the United States, but prior to AKC-FSS registration.
- Two three-by-five-inch color photographs, providing close-up front and side views of the dog in a standing position.
There is a nice article here about how to take pictures to show your dog.
What is a Certificate of Registration?
The Certificate of Registration is your proof of ownership and identification of your dog. It contains:
- Your dogs kennel name
- Registration number
- Sire and Dam
- Owner's Name and address
- Co-Owner's Name and address
- The dog's Sex
- Date Whelped
- Date the registration was issued
All dogs must submit a Certificate of Registration.
What is a Pedigree?
A pedigree is your dog's family tree. It displays the registration numbers as proof of multiple generations. Both the Dam and the Sire must have registration numbers to be considered a generation.
If your dog's dam and/or sire have been registered with AKC-FSS you will not have to submit a pedigree with your application. The same policy holds true for littermates previously registered with AKC-FSS.
Note: Anyone can order a dog’s Pedigree, it does not have to be the owner. There is only dog info and the name of the breeder on the pedigree. Only the owner can order a registration certificate.
Do I need a DNA Test?
ALL imported dogs must have DNA testing unless they have a certified copy of their pedigree showing 3 generations.
The dogs no longer living in the United States that have ARBA registrations will not need DNA testing. Please make a note on your application that your dog is nolonger living in the Unites States.We will hand walk those applications through the process.
What are Colors and Marking Abbreviations?
To keep the applications uniform please use the AKC Abbreviations.
Have questions or need help please Contact Us here